- Service at the Law Library’s Circulation Desk is suspended until the end of the Spring Semester.
- Research Librarian consultations are available to the Law School community by email and Zoom appointment. Please allow 24 hours for a reply. Other reference services are suspended until the end of the Spring Semester.
- Please consult the Library Services FAQ for more information and updates about available services.
Research librarians are available to assist with finding and using information and library materials. Consulting with a librarian may help you find specific articles, books, and other information; navigate databases and other information sources; identify sources for researching a topic; and develop research plans.
To contact a research librarian:
- ask at the Circulation Desk in the Gould Reading Room;
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- call (607) 255-7236.
Check Full Hours for Law Reference to see when research librarians are available. No appointment is required.
Members of the Cornell community may schedule an appointment with a research librarian for more in-depth consultations. Email email@example.com with your status (e.g., law student or graduate student), the subject of the consultation, and some times when you would be available to meet.
While all the research librarians have JDs and professional graduate library science degrees, they cannot give legal advice.