Cornell University Law Library Proxy Borrower Policy
Any member of the Cornell faculty/staff may authorize another individual to use his or her library borrowing privileges. Those who are so designated will be proxy borrowers and may charge out library materials in any campus library.
Things Faculty/Staff Member Needs to Know
- Standard circulation policies apply and faculty/staff are responsible for the prompt and safe return of all library materials.
- Faculty/staff members are responsible for any fees or fines for late or lost materials.
- Library notices will be sent to faculty/staff department addresses.
- The period of authorization may be any length of time up to one year (renewable annually upon request).
- You may revoke the proxy privileges by emailing Ask Lloyd. You will receive a confirmation email when the privileges have been revoked.
Things Proxy Borrower Needs to Know
- When checking out materials as a proxy borrower you MUST inform the Circulation Desk you would like to check items out as a proxy – otherwise the items will be checked out under your account.
- Have the faculty/staff member from whom you will be receiving proxy borrowing privileges fill out the application form below and return to the Circulation Desk during business hours.
- You will receive an email to your Cornell email address once your proxy privilege has been reviewed and approved.