Anyone with a legitimate research interest in materials housed in the Rare Book Collection of the Cornell Law Library is welcome to use them, subject to the following rules:
- Hours of access are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., by appointment only.
- Appointments must be arranged with a Reference Librarian at least 24 hours in advance.
- Materials are available for use only in designated areas and under supervision.
- Patrons may not have book bags, briefcases, backpacks, coats, umbrellas, etc. while using rare materials.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed while using rare materials.
- The use of pens is prohibited while using rare materials; only pencils may be used.
- Photocopying of materials may be done by Law Library staff under certain circumstances. If interested, please contact the Reference Staff.